I’ve been out of commission for about a month, because of injuries sustained in a fall, but I’m able to sit at my desk, and do posts. There are a bunch of things to comment on, which I’ll try to get to.
- The mainstream media really is nuts. You would think that the owners would realize that they’re missing half of the market and adopt a more fair and balanced approach.
- Trump does much better abroad, where he doesn’t trip over his message with tweets and other bad acts; maybe there’s a message in there for his domestic behavior.
- We in the business community would much rather have tax cuts now and tax reform later. Show us the money.
- Obamacare is a mess, and we think the Trump folks would do better by just letting it fail, and have the replacement plan ready to go. We don’t care what they call it. Trumpcare is odd, but ok.
- Let the legislative process work on Trumpcare. Senate and House don’t like to have their procedures messed with. It’ll get modified in the Senate and done.
- The investigation into Susan Rice’s intelligence screw-ups are much more interesting than the Russia probe. How can the special prosecutor be refocused?
- LTGEN Flynn should just appear before the appropriate committee, answer their questions and take his medicine. That’s what flag officers are supposed to do. He looks evasive taking the fifth.
- Find out who the hell the leaker in the White House is, expose him or her, prosecute same and be done with it. Why is this so hard?
- It’s apparent that all the senior people in the agencies need to be reinterviewed for their jobs about four levels down by real NCIS investigators, and anybody found wanting put on suspension pending further investigation. Looks like Sessions has done it in the AG’s office and Mattis and Tillerson need to do it at Defense and State.
- Lastly, have Trump do his own pressers, about every two weeks. He likes it, and nobody sells programs like the Donald.
So, that’s it for now. I’m sure there will be more oddities.